By Robin Donatello | April 18, 2018
April is Data Fest Prep month! Hone your skills in preparation for this exciting data hackathon event!
Logistics / Setup
- Date: Thursday April 18, 2018
- Time: 3-3:45 pm
- Location: MLIB 442
- Presenter: Robin Donatello: email@example.com
- Materials: R code (solutions will be posted after the workshop!)
- Are you new to R and want to learn how to make data visualization?
- Are you new to ggplot and want to understand more how the syntax works?
- Do you just want practice with ggplot and the chance to ask advanced questions?
- Do you want to brainstorm on how to make an appropriate visualization for your data?
This next installment in the Spring 18 DSI Workshop series is on plotting in R using the ggplot2 package. We’ll cover some standard statistical plots such as boxplots, scatterplots and bar charts, some not-so-commonly used plots such as pie and waffle charts, multivariate plotting using panels, and plotting spatial data on Google Maps.
This talk occurs in the second hour of community coding. If you need to get your system setup please come early.